Andy is truly amazed that the gift of music continues to take him to new places and affords opportunities to meet interesting people. Andy has performed at a variety of events and fundraisers for non-profit organizations. Inquire about special rates for non-profits.
- Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii New Years Ohana Festival 2012
- Asian American Arts Alliance 30th Anniversary Gala
- Pan Asian Repertory Theatre 35th Anniversary Gala Dinner (provided music/hula introduction to honoree Daniel Dae Kim)
- Kickoff party for DRA’s (Dancers Responding to AIDS) DECADE, tenth anniversary of the Fire Island Dance Festival
- Opening night event of the 4th annual Pacifika: New York Hawaiian Film Festival
- Fundraiser to benefit the American Heart Association and National Kidney Foundation, Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange N.J.
- Halawai Central Park Picnics, Pau Hana Events, Holiday Parties
- New York Outrigger Liberty 2008 Luau
- Hawaii Cultural Foundation Holiday Parties & Central Park Picnics
- Pain Relief Network Fundraiser
As a board member of Halawai, Andy performs and provides sound reinforcement at most Pau Hana events, picnics in Central Park, and annual Holiday parties.
This evening, I had the privilege of participating in a wonderful program, a screening of “Kumu Hina” with a special musical performance by Hawaiian music stars Kealiʻi Reichel and Shawn Pimental, presented by The Ford Foundation and Philanthropy New York. It was a sold out New York crowd.
“To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts.” Henry David Thoreau The Asian American Arts Alliance (a4) is dedicated to strengthening Asian American artists and arts/cultural groups in New York City so it was with great pride that Marina and I performed at their 30th
Congrats to the Pan Asian Repertory Theatre on 35 years!!! Marina and I were invited to bring aloha by performing a Hawaiian song and hula to introduce honoree Daniel Dae Kim at the organization’s 35th Anniversary Gala in New York. Daniel is an alum from Pan Asian Rep’s 1993 production
Saturday, September 10, 2:00-5:00pm (rain date September 11): Hula performances by Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima O Nuioka every hour, Hawaiian music by Chris Davis, Claudia Goddard and Andy Wang, bake sale, raffle and more! Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima is a hālau (hula school) in NYC.
“Seeing dancers perform so beautifully as the sun sets on the Great South Bay is truly magical. Knowing you are supporting DRA is pretty magical, too.” – Alan Cumming, FIDF 10 and FIDF 11 Emcee My first time to Fire Island, New York was quite the adventure. It was great fun