Andy is truly amazed that the gift of music continues to take him to new places and affords opportunities to meet interesting people. His diverse public performance experiences include:
- Hawaiian Slack Key Festival at Dennis Flyer Memorial Theatre (NJ), The Barns at Wolf Trap (VA), SubCulture (NY)
- Opening soloist for HAPA at the Highline Ballroom, NYC, SubCulture NYC, and Tin Angel, Philadelphia, PA
- Special guest performer with HAPA at The Narrows Center for the Arts (Fall River, MA) and The Kaye Playhouse (New York, NY)
- Opening soloist for an evening of aloha with Makaha Sons and friends at Thomas G. Meehan Center for the Performing Arts
- Opening act in Stratham, NH for the Mākaha Sons Take A Walk Through the Country 2009 World Tour
- Pakele Live! With Tony Solis at the Willows
- Musician for Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima 2012 North East tour at Millennium Stage at Kennedy Center, La Mama ETC, and Jacob’s Pillow Inside/Out Stage
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, HCIC Annual Forum (Big Island, Hawaii)
- Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge – Festival (2013, 2014)
- Housing Works Bookstore Cafe – “Facing Future” book signing
- American Museum of Natural History, Island Beats: Festival of Oceania
- New York Uke Fest 2013
- Lunar Stages with hula dancers Nā Lehua Melemele (2007)
- 15th Annual Taro Festival (Hana, Maui)
- Sun to Stars: South Asian Festival
- Asian American Arts Alliance, FAB! Festival 2012
- Staten Island Yanks pre-game show
- 2 sold out shows at the Monkey – 2007 NYC Duo Festival
- Atherton Theatre at Hawaiʻi Public Radio
- Guest artist joining Big Island slack key guitarist Chris Yeaton at Cabin Concerts
- Hula Moves, La Mama Dance Festival featuring Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima O Nuioka (Kumu Vicky Holt Takamine) and the Gracious Ladies
- The Power of Hula at Ellen Stewart Theatre/The Annex featuring Nā Lehua Melemele, Hālau Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima O Nuioka (Kumu Vicky Holt Takamine), and Kumu Robert Cazimero
- Japan Festival 2003 (Williamsburg, Brooklyn)
- Dance Your Heart Out! with Hui Nā Pua A Ka Makani (2005)
- Sussex County Community College Performing Arts Center
I played a solo set of Hawaiian music before the John McDermott Band jammed their 1960s rock and roll revue. The weather was perfect -- no humidity -- before a warm Chatham crowd.
PA'I Trio, Claudia Goddard, Chris Davis, and Andy Wang and halau hula (school of traditional dance), Pua Aliʻi ʻIlima o Nūioka return to HAPI Fest NJ to celebrate the AAPI Heritage Month in May.
Masters of Hawaiian Music: George Kahumoku Jr, Herb Ohta Jr, and special guest Andy Wang perform in New York City on Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
As a fan of HISessions since it launched in 2011, it was so much fun to be invited to perform on a Twitch live stream. I have so much appreciation for the high-quality videos featuring the best music from Hawaii. I am not worthy! Thank you Jon Yamasato, Dave and
The first gig after a 14-month long pandemic break was a great one! More than 200 people gathered in Spiotta Park to celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
Thank you to all who supported. It was a record turn out and wouldn’t have been the same without you! Listen to my audio story about this concert and others that I have promoted.
Long-time Chatham resident Andy Wang is bringing The Masters of Hawaiian Music Tour featuring Grammy award-winning musicians to town. The one-night only performance showcases Hawaii’s unique acoustic guitar style, rich storytelling, and beautiful hula dancing that transports audiences to Hawaii’s tranquil waters and mountain views. Tickets for the Saturday, January
What an adventure and privilege it was to perform at the 92Y annual Street Fest! It’s a free, public outdoor festival that boasts 50,000 attendees and features performances and activities for adults and children.